1. You can join or renew your membership in the amount of $35 per year.
Dues and donations ares used to fund the Friends' qualified preservation and educational activities and are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Membership in the Friends
You can participate in and support the charitable activities of the Friends by becoming a member or by making a donation or both. You can do this with your credit card via PayPal or by mailing a check.
2. You can make a donation to the general fund of the Friends.
3. You can make a donation to the endowment fund of the Friends.
5. To complete your payment, click on "View Cart", and then click on either
of the two "Checkout" buttons.
If you prefer to pay by check, please print and fill out the form available at the right and mail it with your check to the Friends of the Historic Great Falls Tavern at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Photo © James W. Moore. Used by permission.
4. You can make a donation to the boat maintenance fund of the Friends.
Members receive newsletters and email notes about upcoming Friends events as well as the opportunity to participate in a wide range of Tavern and Canal activities.
The Friends also hold social events to foster camaraderie and sharing of knowledge about the Historic Great Falls Tavern and the C&O Canal. These activities include an annual trip to a Canal-related historical location, a summer picnic on the Charles F. Mercer with the C&O Canal Association, British-style pub quizzes, and an annual dinner with a presentation on some aspect of the Canal and/or local history.